- Is my money safe with TopSport?
- TopSport is licensed by Greyhound Racing NSW and regulated by the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing. TopSport is also a member of the NSW Bookmaker's Co-Operative which is an association that guarantees payment of all winning bets placed with their members. In accordance with the Bookmaker Sports Betting Rules contained in the Racing Administration Act (NSW) 1998, and as administered by the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing, TopSport properly records all betting transactions. TopSport also maintains an off-site hosting facility for secure and continuous recording and retrieval of data involved in internet betting transactions.
- How can I pay for my bets?
Funds must be deposited to your TopSport account before you can place a bet. There are several methods of payment.
- CREDIT CARD – To pay by credit card, click the "Deposit" button on the menu bar and then click 'Credit Card Deposit'. Once you have made a credit card deposit, there is no need to re-enter your details for future deposits, unless your card expires. If you use more than one card to deposit, all cards will appear in a drop-down menu on the same page and you simply need to choose which card you wish to use and enter the security CCV number. TopSport does not charge any credit card fees.
- CHEQUES – We will also accept personal, company and bank cheques, money orders or overseas drafts (In Australian Dollars) subject to normal clearance requirements.
- FUNDS TRANSFERS – You can pay by EFT (Electronic funds transfer). You need to do this by using your banks website. After depositing please click the "Deposit" button on the menu bar and under the "EFT Notification" Tab, advise us of your deposit. Please include your UserID number as a reference on any bank transfer.
- BPAY – Facilities are available for BPAY transactions and TopSport's Biller Code is 189498. You can find your BPAY reference number when you click the "Deposit Button" and select the BPAY Tab. As seen above you need to notify us of this payment.
- POLI – Facilities are available for members to make deposits via Poli. To access this select the "Deposit Button" and activate the POLI Tab.
- CASH – Currency may be deposited to the TopSport Bank Account at any Westpac branch. In this case you will need to notify Westpac of the TopSport Bank Account Number which is available when you click the "Deposit Button" and select the EFT notification TAB. This is only available once you have logged into your TopSport Account. Please inform the Westpac office to include your UserID number against the cash deposit.
- How do I get paid?
- Credit card clients must return the equal amount of their credit card deposits previously paid into their TopSport Account back to the same credit card, however, they may elect to have winnings surplus to those credit card deposits lodged to their own bank accounts. A simple, SIGNED fax, detailing these instructions (07-5599 3855) will suffice. For other clients we are happy to affect an internet bank transfer direct to the individual’s bank account which ensures receipt of funds at the earliest convenience.
- What Races can I bet on?
- TopSport will endeavour to operate on all TAB gallop, harness and greyhound meetings. We will also operate pre-post on most Black Type races. The period of time we operate prior to final field is dependant on the nomination closing date. Most weekend races will be available to bet on by 10am Friday. Group 1 Races such as the Golden Slipper, Doncaster, Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup will be available several months in advance.
- What happens if one of the horses I back is scratched?
- If you have backed a runner for a Win, Place or Each-Way prior to the final acceptance time, your bet is lost. If the bet was placed after final acceptance time your bet will be refunded but deductions may be applied to remaining live bets. If you have backed a scratching in a double, your money is lost if the bet was placed prior to both legs being at final acceptance stage. If the bet was placed after both legs were at final acceptance stage then your stake will be wagered on the remaining live leg, but deductions may be applied to remaining live doubles. Similar rules apply to Multis.
- What sporting events can I bet on?
- The selection of sporting events (and the forms of betting applicable) upon which TopSport offers markets, is limited to any or all of those events prescribed by the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing (OLGR). Sections 18 and 20 of the Racing Administration Act 1998 define the approved events and forms of betting. Members can view the OLGR’s Schedule of Sports Betting Events, Applicable Forms of Betting and a Glossary of Terms by going to rules. TopSport Rules of Betting can be accessed by clicking on the “Rules” Site Link at the foot of the TopSport home page.
- Can I bet by other means than the Internet?
- We accept telephone bets on all Racing, Sports and Live Betting events by calling 1800 TOPSPORT. This service is available to members 24/7. Please note that the minimum stake for telephone bets is $10 and the promotions we offer on the website are only eligible for Internet wagers.
- What are the minimum and maximum bet limits?
- TopSport currently applies a minimum bet limit of $2 for Internet transactions and $10 for telephone transactions. Maximum bet limits will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the type of event and betting trends on the event. TopSport will attempt to satisfy all bet requests but may be obliged to partially accept or reject bet requests in some instances.
- What hours do you operate?
- TopSport provides members with a courteous 24 hours, 7 days a week service both over the Internet at www.topsport.com.au and the telephone on 1800 TOPSPORT.
- Where are you located?
- As NSW law requires that we must accept bets on a licensed racecourse only, we have established an office at the Tweed Heads Coursing Club - Border Park Raceway. Unfortunately as our building is not classified as a betting auditorium by the NSW government we cannot accept bets face-to-face (they must be placed via the internet or telephone).
- Forgotten your password or ID?
- If you have forgotten your password, you can simply click on the Forgotten Password link under the login box and follow the steps to retrieve your password which will in turn be sent to your nominated email address. If you have forgotten your ID number as well, you will need to contact TopSport and satisfy certain security measures before we can supply your number. Email us or call us on 1800 TOPSPORT if you require assistance in retrieving your lost details.
- Can I change my password or other personal or credit card details?
- If you wish to change your password you will need to contact TopSport and satisfy certain security measures before the changes are activated and the relevant account can be accessed. For changes to any personal details, once logged on, you can click on “Edit Account” under the “My Account” menu. Any changes are recorded by TopSport prior to acceptance. Any changes to credit card details can be completed by going clicking the “Deposit” button on the toolbar, then selecting 'Credit Card Deposit', recording the new card details and submitting the changes.
- Why won't the system allow me to bet after I have logged in?
- If the system allows you to log in, but asks you to log in again when you attempt to place bets, it is probable that your computer does not 'allow cookies'. You must allow cookies in your browser to use the TopSport site.
- Are my personal and transaction history details secure?
TopSport takes all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We only collect personal information for the purposes of identifying you for your own security, and maintaining your account. We will not disclose any personal information about you without your consent unless such disclosure:
- Is required by law,
- Is necessary to provide you with a service you requested,
- Is necessary to comply with a judicial process or law enforcement agency,
- Is necessary to protect the rights and property of TopSport, this website or its users,
- Is necessary to lessen or prevent unlawful activity or threats to an individual’s health or safety.
- How do I redeem my "Bonus Bets"
- To redeem any Bonus Bet you may be entitled to, simply enter the "Bonus Bet Code" in the box provided once you have clicked on the link above your Bonus Bet's balance in the balance menu. Once you submit the code and follow any steps that may relate to the specific bonus, your funds will be credited. Please check the rules for all Terms and Conditions relating to Bonus Bets.