Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Is TopSport?
TopSport is an online wagering business owned and operated by Merlehan Bookmaking Pty Ltd (A.C.N 112 695 986) and is based in the picturesque Northern Rivers region of New South Wales at the Tweed River Jockey Club facility.
TopSport is one of Australia''s few wholly Australian-owned corporate bookmakers.
TopSport''s directors - father and son duo Lloyd and Tristan Merlehan - boast over 60 years'' combined bookmaking experience. Way back in 1990, Lloyd was the first on-course licensed bookmaker in Australia to offer patrons a sports betting service.
Since we began servicing Australian punters online in the early 2000s, we have evolved into one of Australia''s leading digital platforms. TopSport Members enjoy a premium wagering service with a vast array of wagering products and events, coupled with unparalleled personal service.
- Is TopSport a Licensed Wagering Service Provider?
TopSport is licensed in the State of New South Wales by the Greyhound Welfare & Integrity Commission and regulated by Liquor & Gaming NSW to accept wagers via the Internet and the telephone 24 hours a day.
- What Hours Does TopSport Operate?
TopSport provides its unique brand of premium service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Customers can bet via any of our online wagering channels (i.e. our desktop and mobile websites, or our mobile App) or over the phone (1800 TOPSPORT) any time of the day or night.
Account Management & Verification
- How Do I Open a TopSport Customer Account?
Simply click on the Join button in the header atop any of our wagering channels and complete the registration form.
The registration process only takes about 2 minutes to complete. If you have any issues, get in touch with us via Live Chat or give us a call on 1800 TOPSPORT.
- Why Do I Have to Verify My Identity and How Do I It?
Identity Verification Requirements
Under Australian law including the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and the Australian Rules of Racing, you are required to verify your identify in order to use your TopSport Customer Account.
TopSport requires that all Customers successfully verify their their identity prior to any transactions being made.
Verifying Your Identity
TopSport may engage a third-party to provide identity verification services in order to more efficiently and comprehensively verify the identity of TopSport Customers. Your personal information may be supplied to such a third-party so the identity verification process can be completed. The process of verifying your identity may involve checking your personal information against third-party and government databases and/or credit headers.
In some circumstances (including where your identity is unable to be verified by the third-party verification service), you may need to provide us with copies of one or all of the following:
- A current Australian Drivers Licence;
- A current Australian Passport; and/or
- A utility bill (no more than three (3) months old) on which the name and address used for registration of the Customer Account is prominently displayed.
- How Do I Retrieve a Forgotten Password or User ID?
If you have forgotten your User ID or your password, click on the Help button in the Log-In section of the TopSport Website and complete the form to recover your credentials. If you correctly complete the form, you will an email shortly thereafter which will instruct you on how to log-in.
If you need any further assistance in recovering your TopSport Customer credentials and accessing the TopSport platform, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your friendly TopSport Customer Support Team.
- What If I Didnt Receive My Welcome Email?
We send all new TopSport Customers a welcome email which includes important information regarding their TopSport Customer Account.
If you have not received this email, you may be blocking communications from us. If this is the case, you need to add [email protected] to your Safe Sender list or your Contacts.
- How Do I Deposit Funds?
Your TopSport account must be verified prior to depositing. You must deposit funds into your TopSport Customer Account before you will be able to place a bet. In order to make a Deposit, navigate to the Banking tab within the My Account section of the TopSport platform.
TopSport supports the following deposit methods:
- Credit Card:
In order to make your first Deposit via Credit Card you will first need to register the new card. Once you have made a successful deposit via a given Credit Card, the details of the Credit Card will be saved in your TopSport Customer Account so that you do not need to re-enter your details when making future deposits (unless your Credit Card expires).
If you use more than one card to deposit funds, all of your registered cards will be listed in the 'Use An Existing Card' section within 'My Account'.
TopSport may, at its discretion, require that you verify your ownership of any credit or debit card that is used to fund your TopSport Customer Account. In such circumstances, you will need to provide us with a legible copy (or photograph) of the front and back of the relevant card. (When sending a copy of the card, the middle 8 digits of the credit card may be redacted for security purposes.)
- Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs):
You can transfer funds to your TopSport electronically via your financial institution's website. Our Bank Account details are as follows:
Bank Name Westpac Account Name Merlehan Bookmaking Pty Ltd Trading as TopSport Account Number 201553 BSB 034-238
To ensure that your TopSport Customer Account is promptly credited with any funds you have transferred electronically, you should notify TopSport of your EFT via the 'EFT Notification' tab within 'My Account'. Please include your TopSport User ID / Username as part of the transaction reference so that we can easily identify the source of the funds.
Please note that any funds deposited via EFT will not be credited to your TopSport Customer Account until we have confirmed receipt of the funds into our Bank Account.
- POLi Payments:
We accept deposits via POLi Payments. You can launch the POLi Payments console via the ''POLi Deposit'' tab within ''My Account''.
Please note that we may elect (at our discretion) to postpone the crediting of any funds deposited via POLi Payments to your TopSport Customer Account until we have confirmed receipt of the funds into our Bank Account.
We accept deposits via B-Pay. Our B-Pay Biller Code is 189498. You can find your unique B-Pay Reference Number in the ''BPay Notification'' tab within ''My Account''.
To ensure that your TopSport Customer Account is promptly credited with any funds you have transferred via B-Pay, you should notify TopSport of your payment via the 'BPay Notification' tab within 'My Account'.
Please note that any funds deposited via B-Pay will not be credited to your TopSport Customer Account until we have confirmed receipt of the funds into our Bank Account.
- Cash Deposit:
You are able to direct deposit cash directly into your TopSport Customer Account at any Westpac branch. Our Bank Details are set out in the ''EFT Notification'' section above.
To ensure that your TopSport Customer Account is promptly credited with any cash you have direct deposited, you should notify TopSport of your cash deposit via the 'EFT Notification' tab within 'My Account'. Please include your TopSport User ID / Username as part of the transaction reference so that we can easily identify the source of the funds.
Please note that any funds deposited via cash will not be credited to your TopSport Customer Account until we have confirmed receipt of the funds into our Bank Account.
- Cheques & Money Orders:
We accept personal, company and bank cheques, as well as money orders and/or overseas drafts (in Australian dollars). Any deposits via cheque or money order will be subject to normal clearance requirements and time frames.
We do not charge our Customers transaction fees in respect of deposits or withdrawals except where those deposits are made by way of telegraphic transfer. We note, however, that you may be charged a fee by your financial institution for which it is your responsibility to pay.
We may (at our sole discretion) elect to pass on charges levied by our financial institution (or the provider of our merchant facility) in respect of telegraphic transfers used to either deposit or withdraw funds into/from your TopSport Customer Account.
- Credit Card:
- How Do I Withdraw Funds?
If you wish to withdraw funds from your TopSport Customer Account, you need to navigate to the Banking tab within the My Account section of the TopSport platform and submit and ''EFT Withdrawal'' Request.
Please note that:
- All deposited funds must be turned over at least once before they will be able to be withdrawn;
- You must have had your identity successfully verified before you will be able to withdraw funds from your Customer Account; and
- If you use a credit or debit card to fund your account, TopSport may (at its sole discretion) elect to deposit the proceeds back to the credit or debit card used for the deposit.
- Is My Money Safe with TopSport?
TopSport is licensed in the State of New South Wales by the Greyhound Welfare & Integrity Commission and regulated by Liquor & Gaming New South Wales.
TopSport is also a member of the NSW Bookmaker's Co-Operative which is an association that guarantees payment of all winning bets placed with their members.
In accordance with the Bookmaker Sports Betting Rules contained in the Racing Administration Act (NSW) 1998, and as administered by Liquor & Gaming NSW, TopSport properly records all Customer transactions. TopSport also maintains an off-site hosting facility for secure and continuous recording and retrieval of data connected with Customer transactions.
Security & Privacy
- Are My Personal & Transactional Details Secure?
TopSport collects Personal Information as is required for the reasonable operation of our business as a licensed wagering provider. We will only collect such information as is necessary to identify you and for your own security and the maintenance of your account.
We will use all reasonable endeavours, and take such steps as are reasonably necessary, to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and any unauthorised access, modification and/or disclosure.
TopSport does not give, sell, rent, share, or trade your Personal Information to any third-parties, except where you have consented to its disclosure ether expressly or impliedly by way of your conduct or the circumstances surrounding your provision of the Personal Information, or for any of the following purposes:
- To enable TopSport to perform its obligations to the Customer under the TopSport General Terms & Conditions and/or Wagering Rules;
- To enable TopSport to ensure that the Customer performs their obligations under the TopSport General Terms & Conditions and/or Wagering Rules;
- To a credit reporting agency;
- To maintain a credit information file in relation to the Customer;
- To carry out a credit assessment on the Customer or to otherwise verify their identity or bona fides;
- For planning, research, promotion and marketing of our products and services;
- To TopSport'' contractors, and other external service providers associated with the operation of the TopSport Platform, the TopSport business and/or the provision of its services, including, without limitation, associated data centres, web hosting providers, payment service providers, identification verification service providers, professional advisors and consultants;
- To government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required and/or or authorised by law or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act;
- To law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities;
- To Australian racing/sports controlling bodies where such controlling bodies request information to protect and maintain the integrity of the racing/sports code or where we consider any betting activity to be suspicious or unusual;
- To a successor entity in the event of a business transition, such as a merger, corporate reorganisation or to a purchaser of part of or all of TopSport''s assets;
- In order to participate in activities with business partners and sponsors, who will be identified to you when the relevant Personal Information is collected;
- To the extent necessary to carry out the uses which are set out above;
- To co-operate with a judicial process or a law enforcement agency, necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of TopSport, the TopSport Platform; or
- To lessen or prevent unlawful activity or serious threats to individuals, public health or safety.