Responsible Gambling Policy
For most people gambling is a fun and exciting recreational pursuit. However, for some individuals, gambling may result in addiction with devastating consequences for them, their families and their friends. At TopSport, we understand the dangers of gambling beyond your means. We want to protect all of our Customers against these risks. We want you to stay in control of your gambling and not allow gambling to control you.
Gambling involves the inherent risk of losing money that is wagered. By opening and using a betting account, Customers consciously accept this inherent risk. Customers should only gamble funds that they can afford to lose. Customers should also not spend excessive time gambling, especially if gambling causes distress or interferes with other activities such as family or work commitments.
The organisation Gambling Help offers assistance to anyone who is affected personally or by a loved one's compulsive gambling. They offer a range of free services such as support groups, live chat and email counselling across numerous languages. For more information, you can visit Gambling Help Online at https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/, or for free and confidential advice and support, contact their toll free number 1800 858 858.
We also recommend Relationships Australia who provide a range of support to problem gamblers and their families. Their website can be found at: www.relationships.org.
- Be Responsible - Are you developing a Problem?
Recognising that you may be developing a gambling problem is the first step to regaining control.
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a means of making money.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Avoid chasing your losses.
- Keep track of the amount of time and funds you are dedicating to gambling.
It can be useful to track your gambling habits in order to find out if you need help. If you are experiencing difficulty controlling your gambling habits, you should visit the Gamble Aware website and spend a few short minutes completing the anonymous self-assessment questionnaire in order to determine your gambling risk level. Should you be deemed a problem gambler we encourage you to seek advice.
Living with a gambling problem can be tough, but you are not alone. Confidential help and counselling is only a telephone call away at Gambling Help (Call 1800 858 858 Toll-free). At Gambling Help, you can engage with counsellors who understand that you need a safe and anonymous place to obtain information about problem gambling.
- Stay in Control
We offer a number of facilities to help you keep control of your gambling.
Monitor Your Betting Transactions
You can readily access a recent history of your transactions, withdrawals and deposits via the "My Account" section on any of our wagering channels. Alternatively, you can contact your friendly TopSport support staff via Live Chat or by sending us an email to [email protected].
All of our wagering platforms are compliant with the BetStop register. If you wish to self exclude yourself from all wagering platforms at any time you can do so at www.betstop.gov.au.
A Deposit Limit can help you control the amount you spend on gambling and ensure that the punt doesn't become a problem for you. Research shows that gambling problems are reduced when punters decide in advance how much money they are willing to spend.
At TopSport, we offer a Deposit Limit facility that allows you to limit the amount you can deposit into your account on a daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. You can access the Deposit Limit facility via the My Account section on any of our wagering channels. Alternatively, you can contact your friendly TopSport support staff via Live Chat or by sending us an email to [email protected] and we can apply your Deposit Limit for you.
A request to set a Deposit Limit is effective only after the Customer has completed the online or other form (and received confirmation that the form has been successfully submitted), or otherwise after the Customer has been advised by TopSport in writing that the Customer's desired Deposit Limit has been successfully applied.
If a Customer withdraws their request to set or modify their Deposit Limit before it has been successfully applied, the request to so set or modify the Deposit Limit will not be applied.
Where a Customer has set a Deposit Limit, they must not establish, or transact using, another TopSport Customer Account or do any other act intended to circumvent their earlier set Deposit Limit.
A Customer may request a change to their Deposit Limit at any time.
- If a Customer requests that their Deposit Limit be decreased, the modified Deposit Limit will be applied, and come into effect, immediately.
- If a Customer requests that their Deposit Limit be decreased, the increased Deposit Limit will take effect no earlier than seven (7) days after the successful submission of their Deposit Limit Change Request. If the Customer does not advise TopSport within seven (7) days that they wish to revoke their request to increase their Deposit Limit, the increased Deposit Limit will be applied as per the request.
Self-Exclusion (Temporary or Permanent)
TopSport provides its Customers with the option to either 'Take A Break' from betting with TopSport or to permanently exclude themselves from the TopSport platform. You can submit a 'Take A Break' or permanent self-exclusion request via the My Account section on any of our wagering channels. Alternatively, you can contact your friendly TopSport support staff via Live Chat or by sending us an email to [email protected] and we can process your request for you.
A 'Take A Break' or permanent self-exclusion request is effective only after the Customer has completed the online or other form (and received confirmation that the form has been successfully submitted), or otherwise after the Customer has been advised by TopSport in writing that the Customer's desired 'Take A Break' or permanent self-exclusion request has been processed and that the requested account restrictions have been applied.
If a Customer withdraws their 'Take A Break' or permanent self-exclusion request before it has been processed and the requested account restrictions applied, the requested account restrictions will not be applied.
Once a 'Take A Break' or permanent self-exclusion request has been processed, the Customer will be immediately logged out of the TopSport platform and prevented from logging in until the expiry of the self-exclusion period. The Customer will also stop receiving communications from TopSport.
Where a Customer has excluded themselves (either temporarily or permanently), they must not establish, or transact using, another TopSport Customer Account or do any other act intended to circumvent their self-exclusion.
Where a Customer has excluded themselves (either temporarily or permanently), their self-exclusion cannot be revoked unless the Customer completes and provides TopSport with a 'Self-Exclusion Revocation Form' wherein they declare that:
- They wish to revoke their self-exclusion and resume wagering via their TopSport Customer Account;
- They are aware of the Responsible Gambling Tools available on the TopSport platform;
- They are cognizant of the risks of gambling and gambling beyond their means, accept those risks, are of sound mind and in control of their actions, and that they do not have a gambling problem; and
- They are aware of the gambling support services available to them.
Upon the expiry of a temporary self-exclusion period, the Customer's access to the TopSport platform will be automatically restored, and the Customer can resume betting with TopSport. If, at this point, the Customer wishes to extend their period of temporary self-exclusion or to permanently self-exclude, they must a submit new 'Take A Break' or permanent self-exclusion request via the My Account section on any of our wagering channels, via Live Chat or by sending us an email to [email protected].
A request to deactivate a TopSport Customer Account is not the same as, and does not have the same effect as, a request to temporarily or permanently self-exclude.
Please note that a 'Take A Break' or permanent self-exclusion request submitted via the TopSport platform (via My Account, Live Chat or Email) is only effective with TopSport. Excluding yourself from the TopSport platform will not affect your ability to access the websites of other wagering providers. If you have decided to self-exclude from the TopSport platform, we strongly encourage you to also self-exclude from any other wagering provider with whom you have an account. If a Customer wishes to exclude themselves from betting with other wagering operators, this can be done via BetStop. TopSport will not do this on behalf of the Customer. Please refer to the BetStop section above for further information.
If you feel you need more help to stop gambling, you can download blocking software on your devices which are designed to prevent you accessing online gambling sites. There are a variety of providers of blocking software including:
- Betblocker (Available on Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Betfilter (Available on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS)
- Gamban (Available on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS)
- Gamblock (Available on Windows, Android)
- Netnanny (Available on Windows, Android, iOS)
- Preventing Children from Gambling
TopSport only accepts members who are over the age of eighteen (18). We require all Customers to verify their identity by the earlier of:
- Three (3) days of opening their Customer Account; or
- Withdrawing any funds from their Customer Account.
If you have not successfully verified your identity by the time set out in the preceding Clause your TopSport Customer Account will be suspended indefinitely during which period you will not be able to access wagering functionality or perform any banking functions. Please note that any wagering transactions successfully placed prior to the suspension of your TopSport Customer Account will stand.
In order to verify your identity, you may be required to provide additional information or upload documentation including, without limitation:
- A current Australian Driver's Licence;
- A current Australian Passport; and/or
- A utility bill (no more than three (3) months old) on which the name and address used for registration of the Customer Account is prominently displayed.
We expect parents and guardians to ensure that minors do not use our services under any circumstances. Blocking software such as NetNanny is a useful and inexpensive tool to assist you. Also, Stay Smart Online is the Australian Government's cyber security service which has a range of information and tools to help you minimise your exposure to online risks.
If you suspect that an underage person is using the TopSport platform, please contact us immediately and appropriate action will be taken.
- Responsible Gambling Regulations
Codes of Practice
Certain States and regulatory authorities have enacted Codes of Practice and other protocols governing the conduct of wagering in their jurisdiction. Codes of Practice are voluntary codes of self-regulation and are to be read in conjunction with the relevant legislation, regulation and rules of the racing codes and sports betting authorities in each State and Territory.
The following Codes of Practice published by the South Australian Independent Gambling Authority (In addition to the TopSport Responsible Gambling Policy) have been adopted by TopSport in relation to its South Australian members.
- Advertising Code of Practice.
- Responsible Gambling Code of Practice
- Requirements for Systems and Procedures Designed to Prevent Children Betting
Australian Bookmakers' Code of Practice
In addition, TopSport supports and complies with the Australian Bookmakers Association Code of Practice. The objectives comprised in the Australian Bookmakers Association Code of Practice include:
- To develop and promote guidelines and programmes for the responsible delivery of wagering product, and the advertising and marketing of the Bookmaking industry.
- To enhance the development of the Bookmaking industry throughout all member bodies.
- To assist those patrons who experience wagering related difficulties with information on, and direction to, appropriate support services.
- To enhance the public perception of the Bookmaking industry.
- To comply with Government policy relevant to the Bookmakers.
- Australian Bookmakers'''' Association to continue to be the body to integrate and require State Associations to develop generic initiatives for the provision of responsible gambling nationally.
The Code of Practice is a voluntary code of self-regulation and is to be read in conjunction with the relevant legislation, regulation and rules of the racing codes and sports betting authorities in each State and Territory.
The handling of any complaints related to the Code is not intended to replace any policies or procedures that may exist as part of the above legislation, regulation and rules.
All Bookmakers will abide by the rules and regulations of the Government and the controlling bodies in the jurisdiction in which they propose to do business. All Bookmakers must be issued with a bona fide licence from the controlling body in their jurisdiction and operate under the authority and within the scope of that licence.
The respective Bookmaker Associations in each jurisdiction shall ensure the financial and character bona fides for all Bookmakers for whom they provide fidelity guarantees or, where applicable, ensure that obligations to Government Authorities are met.